Click below to get real-time updates

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Anthony Mix: Getting a shot in Washington

Redskins are in the Mix - - Breaking News, Political News & National Security News - The Washington Times: "'I want to take a hard look at Anthony because of his size,' said new coach Jim Zorn, whose West Coast offense functions best with at least one big target. 'He didn't get to do a lot last year. Maybe he didn't get an opportunity because he was young. I want to take a hard look at who [all] these guys are and how they fit into our system.'


That kind of comment from his boss excites the 25-year-old Mix, who signed Nov. 20 after a year and a half on the New York Giants' practice squad. Mix has been waiting a long time for a chance to show what he can do after starting just 11 games in college and being stuck behind the likes of Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer in New York.


'It makes me feel good to hear that Coach Zorn is depending on me,' said Mix, who played three years at Auburn with Redskins starting quarterback Jason Campbell. 'I've always worked hard because I came in pretty much at the bottom as a rookie free agent, but it motivates you to work even harder. I just want to play, whatever my role is. I like Coach Zorn's offense. It's pretty similar to what we ran at Auburn.'"

2004 Auburn highlights (Mix catch at 1:09)

No comments:

Noteworthy Player News

Breaking Player News