Click below to get real-time updates

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Josh Thompson: Good shot at Rams' 5th DT spot

WTOC, Savannah, Georgia, news, weather and sports | Josh Thompson ready for mini-camp: "Now he's taking his skills to the next level... going to the St. Louis Rams mini-camp as an undrafted player... just hoping to get a shot at the NFL. 'It's something you dream about growing up through football,' said Thompson. 'I dreamed about it in high school and when I got to college that was one of my main goals was to further my success in football. It's a great opportunity and hopefully I can go up there and make the best of it.'
At 6-feet and 305 pounds... Thompson is a little on the short side for most NFL teams. He hopes to get a shot to make an impression on the rams the way he did on opponents when the played at Statesboro high and Auburn. 'I've got a really good spot up there, they have only 4 D-tackles up there right now on the roster. Hopefully they'll want to add a 5th or get rid of one, but we'll see. It's a good chance, a good opportunity. It could be make-or-break anytime, but right now I think I'm in a good spot.'
The mini camp is mostly a learning process for the new players... but Thompson hopes to make the most of it. 'I talked with my other D-tackle who played at Auburn with me, Pat Sims, and he just went through a mini-camp and he said it was 5 practices in 3 days. They just went at it and watched a lot of films, so I'm expecting to go out there and get after it and hopefully learn a little bit and show off a little bit.'"

No comments:

Noteworthy Player News

Breaking Player News