Click below to get real-time updates

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Carnell Williams: July decision for training camp practice clearance

Williams Says He'll Be Ready by Training Camp | TheLedger.com: "'It's not a matter of if I'll be back, but when,' he said. 'I know I'm going to be playing on this field again, and I know I'm going to be productive.'

In the end, it may not be Williams' decision. Tampa Bay has four other running backs under contract, and that doesn't include seventh-round draft choice Cory Boyd and rookie free-agent Clifton Smith.

Still, Williams is working hard to make it a tough decision for the Bucs.

'We're going to make a decision in July,' Williams said of whether he will be cleared to practice or placed on the 'physically unable to perform' list. 'I'm not sure. I'm just going to keep working and see what happens.

'Me personally, once training camp starts, I'll be in training camp,' he said. 'I will be on the field to do some things. I feel by July, I definitely should be ready to play ball.'"

No comments:

Noteworthy Player News

Breaking Player News