Click below to get real-time updates

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Draft Class 2009: Tristan Davis Blazes 4.38 40yd at Pro Day

Auburn Pro Day: Tristan Davis fastest of all - The Gold Mine - al.com: "Auburn Pro Day: Tristan Davis fastest of all
Posted by Charles Goldberg -- Birmingham News March 10, 2009 4:52 PM
Categories: Football
It shouldn't come as a surprise that Tristan Davis turned in the fastest time at Auburn's Pro Day on Tuesday. The oft-injured running back turned in a time of 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash, according to times provided by Auburn.

Todd Van Emst/Auburn
Sen'Derrick Marks makes his moveDavis was always a step away from greatness -- if he was on the field. It seems he was always slowed by something, like foot injuries. We would like to see somebody take a shot on him. Receiver James Swinton was a blink behind, at 4.39.
Funny, Davis had eight carries and Swinton caught two passes last season.
Davis said his injuries are behind him.


'I think today went pretty well. I don't know my exact numbers but from the comments I've gotten I think I did pretty well,'' he said.
'My health is very good. I found out another thing that was wrong with my feet. We got that eliminated. It was something very simple that we never thought of. My hamstring is feeling a lot better, my feet, my shoulder, everything I've ever had problems with. I think I just needed a little rest, and I got that, and a lot of good work in.'
Defensive back Jerraud Powers went 4.44. Running back Brad Lester ran it in 4.48 seconds. Defensive end Sen'Derrick Marks, who is leaving Auburn a year early, doesn't show a 40 time because of a bad hamstring, but did the bench press and broad jump and we have photo evidence of the shuttle run.
Here are the results of Pro Day:Numbers provided by Auburn:


Only the best time/mark is listed
Heights are rounded up or down to the neares"

No comments:

Noteworthy Player News

Breaking Player News