Click below to get real-time updates

Friday, March 20, 2009

Draft Class 2009: Pro Day At AU

AUBURN - Auburn football held its annual NFL Pro Day Tuesday with 15 former Tigers working out in front of NFL scouts for close to three-and-a-half hours.

The group, which was broken up into different sub-groups primarily based on positions, spent time in two different sessions. The first session was held indoors at the John H. Watson Fieldhouse, and consisted of workouts in measurable testing. Those drills included standing long jumps, vertical jumps, 225-pound bench presses, the 40-yard dash and shuttle cone drills.

After spending approximately two hours indoors, the groups moved outdoors where each worked on position specific drills. Groups included defensive backs, linebackers, wide receivers and running backs, offensive linemen and defensive linemen. Each group spent 15 minutes apiece outdoors, and all were staggered so that each could work out on the Sprinturf artificial field behind the Athletics Complex.

The NFL Draft will be held April 25-26 in New York City.

Quoting Auburn Players

Tristan Davis
On his performance...
"I think today went pretty well. I don't know my exact numbers but from the comments I've gotten I think I did pretty well.

On his health...
"My health is very good. I found out another thing that was wrong with my feet. We got that eliminated. It was something very simple that we never thought of. My hamstring is feeling a lot better, my feet, my shoulder, everything I've ever had problems with. I think I just needed a little rest, and I got that, and a lot of good work in."

If he'll try to make it as a free agent if he's not drafted...
"Oh yeah, I'll definitely give that a shot. It's always been my dream to play in the NFL, no matter how I get there, as long as I get there and stay there."

Tyronne Green
On his workout today...
"I was the only offensive linemen, so it definitely wasn't fun, moving drill to drill by myself. I tried to catch a little blow in between, but they were pushing me - trying to see what I could do, I guess. How I could handle being a little tired. But I pushed through it and made it through.





On if he helped himself today...
"Yeah, I helped myself all along throughout the process. There are some teams interested. They like my film, they like the way I move, like my good feet."

Sen'Derrick Marks
On his expectations today...
"I was expecting that my hamstring would hold up and maybe I could go out and put up some numbers that I know I could put up."

On what he did previously at the NFL combine...
"The only thing I did at the combine was do my 40, my interviews and my vertical jump. I was impressed with those numbers, but I wanted to work out at the combine because I knew my numbers would be a lot better."

Jerraud Powers
On his performance today...
"I think it went well. I think I improved on my 40 time a lot. A lot of guys were surprised by my 40 time. The main people were worried about was if I was going to do a lot here today at the workout, but I wanted to show them that I'm a competitor and I think I improved in everything. I think I left on a good note."

On how different Pro Day is from the combine...
"It was more relaxed. The only difference was out here we only had four DBs, and at the combine we had like 30, so every time you took a rep, you weren't tired at all. Up here it was more of a conditioning-type thing. Other than that, the drills are the same, it's just a different environment. It was more relaxed, so that's why I was out there just having fun, just trying to do my best."

Rodgeriqus Smith
On his performance:
"I feel pretty good. I felt like I had a solid two months of training up in Charlotte and I prepared very well for today, so I thought it went pretty well."

On his expectations for draft day...
"You never know what's going to happen, so maybe I can be one of those surprise guys and get picked in a late round. You never know. And if I go free agent, I'll just have to work my way up."

Source: Auburntigers.com
http://www.cstv.com/printable/schools/aub/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031009aaa.html

No comments:

Noteworthy Player News

Breaking Player News